UPVC, also known as Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride, is a form of PVC. It is made using a special process that makes it more rigid, durable, and chemically resistant. Around the world, uPVC also offers a wide variety of designs. While it has made its way to the Indian subcontinent, just like any new material, uPVC doors and windows come with several theories,misconceptions, and myths.
We at Skyler are here to break the myths surrounding uPVC doors and windows to show youwhy it should be your material of choice for your next redesign. Let’s clear the air about uPVC windows that may have deterred you from making the right purchase decision for your home:
1. Myth: “UPVC is costly, yet made of plastic. This means it’s not durable.” People think uPVC doors and windows are made of plastic. As a result, many assume that uPVC doesn't have the durability to withstand nature's wrath and is not as long-lasting as other frames.
Truth: The U in uPVC stands for unplasticized, and the primary material used is salt.Skyler’s best uPVC doors and windows do not compromise the structural integrity of your home.
2. Myth: “UPVC windows and doors are cost a lot to maintain” Some people think that the whole structure would need to be replaced in case of repairs to the frame.
Truth: Skyler’s uPVC windows are made to be highly durable and built to last because we believe prevention is better than cure. The glass, gaskets, and hardware of our best uPVC windows and doors in Raipur can be easily repaired and replaced without removing the outer frame from the aperture.
3. Myth: “UPVC windows and doors have a plastic look and feel and don’t have any designs.” “UPVC’s white color doesn’t suit my home design” is a common misconception we hear.
Truth: While uPVC windows and doors are predominantly available in white and black,Skyler offers a wide variety of finishes and designs to help your windows and doors in Raipur complement your home. The variety of styles and finishes we offer suits all home decor styles.
4. Myth: “UPVC windows and doors get discolored easily.” People are often concernedb about their houses looking outdated or old. uPVC made of lower quality raw material is prone to discoloration and yellowing over time, giving rise to this myth.
Truth: Thankfully, Skyler has perfected the uPVC-making process in Raipur. We use the best quality materials to guarantee that our uPVC frames retain their shine for years to come, leaving you with the best-looking windows and doors in Raipur at the right price.
5. Myth: “UPVC cannot resist the extremes of the Indian climate.” There is a belief that doors and windows made of uPVC will not be able to withstand the harsh weather conditions faced by the Indian subcontinent.
Truth: UPVC is weatherproof even during the harshest climates in India. Be it heavy rain or intense heat, our uPVC windows and doors are made from the best quality materials and are resistant to the weather conditions of Raipur. They keep out not only the weather but also any noise pollution. We don't sacrifice functionality for aesthetics so that you can instantly block out the external chaos just by closing a window.
So there you have it. 5 myths and misconceptions exposed and debunked about uPVC. Now that you know the truth, you can make a well-informed decision and choose the most suitable material for your home.
Skyler’s best uPVC doors and windows in Raipur are environmentally friendly while retaining quality, design, and performance. Ideal for both new buildings, and renovation of older ones, they can be customized for individual requirements.
Please contact us for any questions, and we look forward to helping you on your home design journey.